Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Review

Yet another good week. Here's a quick roundup--

Research

Made some great findings in open publishing. I came across the research report "Challenging Notions of Free" which had some information I had been looking for. Even better, I was able to spend an hour talking with Mac Slocum and gained a lot of insight on what is and is not known about the consequences of releasing electronic versions of books for free. I had a wonderful time visiting with Jeff Clark about possible future projects. I also benefited from attending a University library meeting and Justin Johansen's prospectus defense.

Distance

Worked on my research proposal, and hopefully finished the IRB for that project. We had an interesting distance class featuring Michael Barbour. He had some interesting thoughts that I'll be blogging about later.

Open

Finished the third quest. See blog post here.

Assessment

I read the affective assessment book. Enjoyed it. Getting started on a project to analyze a test I gave to see how it can be improved.

Stats and research

Took the first big test--took a ton of time, but was fun.

No comments: